1. Each student competing is responsible for being prompt to the Orientation Session for his/her event and for the time period for which they are scheduled to compete. Students must be on time or risk losing their chance to compete.
2. Be prompt in attending all workshops. Students and their teams receive points for attending the workshops they’ve chosen. Failure to appear at these workshops will cause your team to lose points.
3. Students must stay until the end of each workshop in order to be counted present.
4. Always show utmost respect to the person(s) leading and taking part in the workshops, along with your team members in group activities.
5. Be a mature representative of your high school or city. Remember that you are representing the next generation of community leaders. Your behavior should reflect that image.
6. MIST participants may not leave the building without a registered coach from their own team, or without the MIST Board’s permission.
7. MIST name badges and/or identification bands must be worn at all times. If a replacement is needed, see a MIST Representative immediately.
8. No student is allowed to leave the tournament early on any day. All teams/students must arrive on time and leave only when the tournament is over. If there is an important reason for a student to leave early, he/she needs to let MIST know no less than 7 days in advance. To obtain permission to leave early, contact your Regional Registration Headquarters. We reserve the right to allow/refuse a student from leaving early. Also, once MIST gives the student permission to leave early, he/she MUST let the team coach know that they are leaving and when they will return.
9. Each team MUST be accompanied by at least one coach. A coach can be a parent, a teacher, an administrator, or a sibling older than 21 years of age. At least one coach MUST be at the tournament with their team at all times and never leave the campus. If a coach has to leave, he/she must have a replacement. Please plan ahead and send a coach registration form for each of the coaches who will be accompanying your team.
10. Read the program and your competition rules carefully. If you don’t know, ASK!
11. Share ideas with others, help each other solve problems, and HAVE FUN!